RE: st: Testing for variable type

Subject   RE: st: Testing for variable type
Date   Mon, 25 Jan 2010 20:39:51 +0100

<>

"     foreach v of varlist major1-major3 {
                capture confirm numeric variable `v'
                if !_rc {
                       tostring `v', force replace
                }
"

-tostring- can figure out the strings itself, though.

***
clear*
set obs 1

gen str3 major1="yes"