Re: st: testing the difference between the estimated coefficients

From   John Antonakis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: testing the difference between the estimated coefficients
Date   Sat, 16 Jan 2010 12:44:29 +0100

1. Yes; it holds for probit or log and for dummies. Refer to the postestimation tests for a specific command to see what tests you can do after different estimation procedures.

2. Here is a nice note about what types of things you can compare (I would not compare standardized coefficients, it confounds difference in the relation with differences in the variances).

3. If the test is significant, it means that the coefficients are significantly different.

J.

Prof. John Antonakis, Associate Dean
Faculty of Business and Economics
Department of Organizational Behavior