Re: st: missing standard error because of stratum with single sampling unit

From   Michael Begg <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: missing standard error because of stratum with single sampling unit
Date   Wed, 13 Jan 2010 08:51:41 +1100

Hi Steve,

I have heard back from Stata Technical and it is not a bug.

I made a mistake below, my survey is actually a 3 stage design and the singletons were in the second stage. My apologies for this.

So I guess I now have three options

1) Drop the observations that are causing the problem - in this case 426 out of a sample of 5,964.
2) Add one of the three singleunit() option to my -svyset- command.
3) Reassign the sampling unit to another appropriately chosen stratum or in my case, reassign the ssu to a different psu.

For 2), does anyone have any recommendations on which option to choose?
For 3) how would I go about reallocating the 18 ssu to a new psu?

Cheers

Michael