st: AW: Increasing Stata Memory

Subject   st: AW: Increasing Stata Memory
Date   Mon, 11 Jan 2010 09:27:52 +0100

<>

Is this experience consistent, i.e. if you wait five minutes and let Windows
finish all its booting business, and then try again, does it still happen?
Your experience is highly unusual, and if it persists, it is more a question
for Stata tech support than for the list. I have a desktop with 8G mem, 64
bit Vista SP2, and I can set mem to "7G", no questions asked. Why would this
be different on a laptop?

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von J Taylor
Gesendet: Montag, 11. Januar 2010 07:43
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: Increasing Stata Memory

I just purchased a new laptop with 8 gb of memory, running on 64 bit
Windows 7.  I am trying to use a  just-under 3 gb dataset with Stata
10.1/SE.  I try

set mem 3g

But stata says ?op. sys. refuses to provide memory,? and it will only
let me go up to about 1400m.  Is it possible for me to use this data
on my laptop (besides having to find a way to make it smaller)?  Can I
increase the memory Stata uses?

Thanks,
JT