Re: st: Question on Wooldridge's Procedure 18.1

From   vipul bhatt <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Question on Wooldridge's Procedure 18.1
Date   Thu, 7 Jan 2010 20:43:47 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

Thank you for these useful links. When I said Wooldrige mentions that we can ignore step 1 estimation I was actually referring to zeroth stage where I do probit of binary endogenous regressor on my instrument Z. Can we ignore insignificance of Z in this zeroth stage and simply focus on the validity of the predicted probablities (as these are my 'generated instrument') using output of ivreg2?

Thank you,
VB