Re: st: Standardized Beta and Multiple Imputation in Stata 11

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Standardized Beta and Multiple Imputation in Stata 11
Date   Thu, 31 Dec 2009 10:04:51 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Wed, 30/12/09, McDonald, Catherine wrote:
> There is an option in the Linear Regression
> estimation to check off 'standardized beta coefficients' in
> reporting. But when I do this, nothing changes in my
> coefficients. I don't see any beta coefficients reported-the
> coefficients are the same as if I did not check it off. Can
> someone give me advice on this?

The reason is probably that the -mi estimate- dialog box
"inherrited" that option from the normal -regress- dialog box.
I am not that surprised that it doesn't work, because -mi estimate-
seems to work with the returned coefficients as stored in e(b),
and the -standardize- option does not change that matrix.

The way to get those is to standardize all variables in your
model prior to estimating the regression command. The question
now becomes which mean and standard devation do I use, and I
am not sure, though I guess it doesn't matter that much.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie