Re: st: Tmap: "invalid file specification"

From   Friedrich Huebler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Tmap: "invalid file specification"
Date   Tue, 22 Dec 2009 16:10:25 -0500

Dorothy,

This is not an answer to your question but I would suggest that you
use -spmap- instead of -tmap-. -spmap- is a newer Stata command by the
author of -tmap-.

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/graphics/spmap.html

Regarding your problem, you wrote "I ran the exact code (using the
same files)" but you did not. The Stata example refers to uscoord.dta
in the -tmap- command while you refer to uscoordtrial.dta. This may
not be the source of your problem, however. Perhaps Stata is looking
for the file in the wrong directory. It would be useful if you could
reproduce the Stata output exactly as it appears in the Results
window.

Friedrich