RE: Re : st: AW: count with a loop

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: Re : st: AW: count with a loop
Date   Fri, 18 Dec 2009 14:35:06 -0000

Presumably you typed == not =.

I've got to say that I don't understand the report. The effect of &
should be as you wish and not lead to the result you state.

LY Pierrem

Now, I tried to add one more condition on the count, but it seems i am
not putting it in the right place (cause it then counts things wrong).
For example, counting the people who meet the already suggested
timefunded<timeposted[`i'], but also who are, say, of the same region.

so I tried to expand one line under the forval:
qui cou if timefunded<timeposted[`i'] & region=region[`i'] in 1/`i'

but it ends up counting ALL the people of the same region, not just the
people of the same region also meeting the first condition. Is there a
place to add correctly this in the same code?