st: RE: getting started with TextMate

From   "Airey, David C" <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: getting started with TextMate
Date   Fri, 11 Dec 2009 15:26:44 -0600

.

Since TextMate is only for Apple OS X, I'll add three more points.

(1) Bill Rising has a very nice set of tools for Stata syntax highlighting that work between Aquamacs 1.9 and Stata. We got it working recently, and Bill is tweaking it so it is even better. This allows control of Stata and R from one editor.

(2) I also use BBedit directly with Stata and R via Applescripts. Stata for OS X could use at least on more Applescript hook similar the the "cmd" hook/script(?) used in R-Applescript integration.

(2) All the same, it would be nice to have the Stata editor in Apple OS X catch up to it's Microsoft Windows counterpart.

Cheers,

-Dave