Re: st: Stata resolution

From   Roy Wada <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata resolution
Date   Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:46:24 -0800

> To follow up on this point -- were Statacorp to add an {img source=} tag to
> SMCL, that is a step toward making SMCL into a full-fledged output
> management system.  If they do that, wouldn't font control be nice?
> Presentation-quality tables?  Etc.

Like Nick C. said earlier, it would no longer be smcl, which is fine
by me. My impression is that the Stata Corp is currently tied by the
technological constraints. They cannot display something like this on
the results window without having it slowed down considerably. But
smcl was originally designed to be sent to the results window.

Basically they are going outside the box by sending graphs to the
graph window (as Friedrich said earlier). If they do this, they will
likely have to send it to an upgraded version of a view window capable
of much higher resolution.

Roy