Re: st: RE: TeX template for PDF help files

From   Roy Wada <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: TeX template for PDF help files
Date   Sun, 22 Nov 2009 08:56:28 -0800

> made in the thread -- I see no point in users moving unilaterally on
> this until StataCorp provides the support within Stata to make this
> seamless and painless. However, it is an idea that StataCorp might have

Stata Corp might not like the idea of experimenting with the whole
platform. There is no harm done to anyone's reputation if a few people
began distributing their help files in the form of pdf. If it fails,
so what. If it works, then people in charge can committ resources to
it.

Writing a traslator is an expensive undertaking. Unless someone is
willing and capable of delivering a working translator, it might be
better to stick with the proposal 2, which is to make templates
available. I am guessing this can be done as a ssc command if Kit is
willing to host them.

Roy