Re: st: Outreg2 and co-linear variables in a regression

From   Roy Wada <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Outreg2 and co-linear variables in a regression
Date   Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:33:17 -0800

> these from the regression.  Is there a way to prevent outreg2 from writing
> these omitted variables to the spreadsheet (it prefixes the variable names
> with 'o.' and gives them a zero coefficient and standard error) without
> dropping them from the regression specification?
>
> Steve

I was waiting for Roger Newson to figure this out but I am not sure if
he has. I could spend an hour on this but I was hoping he would be the
one to do it.

If anyone knows how to do this, i.e. how does o. prefix works
differently in e-class matrix, I would be interested.

Otherwise a quick and dirty solution along the line suggested by
Martin/Maarten should work. Dropping zeros is something that should
have been implemented by outreg2 but didn't seem to be bothering
anyone.

Roy