RE: st: Little's MCAR test

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: Little's MCAR test
Date   Wed, 18 Nov 2009 21:27:00 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Wed, 18/11/09, Hoogendoorn, Adriaan wrote:
> Please note that Little's test (and my question) concern
> the stronger MCAR assumption. This is obviously easier to
> test than the MAR assumption.
> Still, your suggestion seems to make sense even for this
> situation. Yet, Little's MCAR test is somewhat more general,
> since it tests the MCAR assumption over several variables
> with missing values simultaneously. I've seen the test
> implemented in other statistical software.

I had a quick look at the reference you gave, and it certainly
seems doable, and potentially useful. I am just too bussy
picking up stuff that had to wait for my diss to finish, to
start such a new project.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie