st: RE: AW: how to inicialize a new thread?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: AW: how to inicialize a new thread?
Date   Mon, 9 Nov 2009 13:42:48 -0000

To expand briefly on Martin's remarks:

The importance of starting a new thread with a new email is emphasised in the Statalist FAQ.

http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq

The point is mentioned twice, at 2.2 and 3.4.

For queries about how to interact with Statalist, please do consult the FAQ first.

Martin Weiss

Your email client will remember the address and fill it in automatically, so
you can safely start a new thread from a completely blank email. If you
reuse old posts, the threads will not be correctly identified, which impairs
the usefulness of the archives. The stock of knowledge in there is a much
underappreciated resource for users, so let`s try and maintain it by
sticking to these common sense rules about posting.

José Maria

According to Neil's warning I am not correct in my postings in a new thread
of mine, since every time I post to the list I use the post of someone,
erase the subjet, but, just because I am a little lazy, I maintain the
adress [email protected] .
Should I change my behaviour and use the command "start a new mail"  and
type the adress when I send a mail not related with the former subject ?