Re: st: Stata 10 is Malware (also version 11?)

From   Neil Shephard <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata 10 is Malware (also version 11?)
Date   Mon, 9 Nov 2009 08:56:01 +0000

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 11:38 PM, Christopher Hajzler <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Seema,
>
> What I recommend is to re-post your question under a new thread (this
> should be simply a matter of re-sending your email to the same
> address, but changing the subject heading to reflect your question)
> and someone should respond.

A subtle nuance of this, is that you should NOT reply to an existing
email when you are starting a new thread, because even if you change
the subject title there are bits of information normally hidden that
allow messages to be 'threaded' as they are in the archives, and
without changing these the email will be appended to the thread,
albeit it with a new title.

@Seema : The Statalist FAQ which is linked at the bottom of every
message to the list is an invaluable resource and contains answers to
virtually every question you might have about Statalist mechanics.

Neil
--
"The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does
not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body

Email - [email protected]
Website - http://slack.ser.man.ac.uk/