Re: st: RE: DHS data

From   Amadou DIALLO <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: DHS data
Date   Thu, 5 Nov 2009 17:17:56 +0100

Hi,
The datasets come with word document that sh ows how to merge the
various files (which variables to use, which weights are approriate,
etch.).
Thanks.

2009/11/5, Nick Cox <[email protected]>:
> My guess is that you are losing uniqueness in your concatenation of
> identifiers.
>
> See for example the thread starting
>
> http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2009-10/msg01256.html
>
> An alternative approach is to work with the string identifier
>
> egen hhid1 = concat(v001 v002)
>
> Nick
> [email protected]
>
> Bolanle Bukoye
>
> I am writing to inquire if you could help me with some issues that I am
> having with merging the dhs data. I am using the data from Angola and
> Tanzania for my thesis. In merging the child and household data for
> Angola, I keep getting error messages on stata.
> I used the household dataset as the base dataset and cluster number and
> household number as the key variables as suggested on the DHS website.
>
> My stata code is
> . gen hhid1 = v001 + v002
> . sort hhid1
> . merge unique using "C:\Users\bola\Documents\Fall
> 2009\Thesis\AOKR51FL.DTA", uniqmaster
>

> While the household data set is open, I use the merge drop down menu-->
> select one to many key variables, choose child data set and select the
> hhid1 variable that I just created.
>
> Here is the error message that I received on stata : "variable hhid1
> does not uniquely identify observations in the master data"

---

Amadou B. DIALLO, PHD
Development Economist
Director, Center for Research and Training on Adult Education
Mayotte, FRANCE
www.aprosasoma.org
+262639693250