st: RE: AW: Compute mean for groups leaving one member out

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: AW: Compute mean for groups leaving one member out
Date   Fri, 23 Oct 2009 18:31:04 +0100

In words, you get

1. the total of every value but one value

2. the number of values - 1

and divide. But also keep track of missing values too.

Martin Weiss

"Could you suggest a simple way of doing this?"

Taking a cue from Nick`s FAQ cited earlier:

*************
clear*
set obs 40

gen country=_n