RE: st: AW: Graph: Colouring table cells based on conditions or data distribution

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: AW: Graph: Colouring table cells based on conditions or data distribution
Date   Fri, 16 Oct 2009 17:12:11 +0100

Another red-green gradation!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness#Red-green_color_blindness

In two books that have crossed my desk recently, (subdued) orange and
blue are used for basic contrasts of two categories to good effect.

Few, Stephen. 2009. Now you see it: Simple visualization techniques for
quantitative analysis. Oakland, CA: Analytics Pres.

Hastie, Trevor, Tibshirani, Robert, Friedman, Jerome. 2009.
The elements of statistical learning: Data mining, inference, and
prediction. New York: Springer.

Sergiy Radyakin

have a look at this page:

http://www.adeptanalytics.org/radyakin/stata/graphics/radyakin_graphics.
htm

If this is something that you are looking for, contact me to get the
program files.

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 3:33 AM,  <[email protected]>
wrote:

> many of you may know this feature from MS Excel (from Version 2007
on).
> It's more or less a "choropleth map" for data tables (cell colour
> depends on cell value relative to the table distribution or on
> conditions).
> (see:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb428945%28office.11%29.aspx)
>

> In my work I often have to display both a table (to pick data from)
and
> a graph (for visual impression) to users and I'm constantly trying to
> combine both. Colouring tables is one way to do this if
rules/conditions