Re: st: svyset problem 1

From   Peter Muhlberger <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: svyset problem 1
Date   Wed, 23 Sep 2009 23:14:00 -0500

Hi Steve:  That's very helpful, thanks!  Now the error msg makes sense.

There was no stratified random sampling of schools (psu's) in this
project, so I didn't specify strata.  I had hoped to be able to use
post-stratification as a way to reweight the data so it would look
more like the population described in my auxiliary data (an
alternative to calculating pweights by hand).  My 'fpc' information
came from what I know about the post-strata N's.  I can omit the fpc
option, and the analysis will run.  Will have to see if this really
gives me the same result as the pweights would.

Peter