Re: st: Average Partial Effects after Margeff

From   "C.T. Shehzad" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Average Partial Effects after Margeff
Date   Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:46:50 +0200

Thanks Austin:
The references you gave are interesting. Yes, model is based on theory and has been used before as well. Actually, what puzzles me are the too small standard errors that I get now in addition to, change in significance. May be - margins - command of stata 11 can be a good alternate but I have only stata 10.1.

Thanks and best regards,

Tanveer

Austin Nichols wrote:
C.T. Shehzad <[email protected]> :
There is no guarantee (in the general case) that any program will give
sensible APE calculations or SEs, including official Stata commands;
you have to check the logic of the program for your particular case,
and in some cases you may have to reparametrize the model or do some
calculations by hand.  See e.g.
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2008-03/msg00652.html
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2009-03/msg01180.html
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2009-07/msg00786.html
http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?margins
and describe your estimation strategy--what are dep,x1,x2,x3?  Are
there logical dependencies among RHS variables?