RE: st: Re: St: Re exact command for distance?

From   Laura Platchkov <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Re: St: Re exact command for distance?
Date   Sat, 12 Sep 2009 09:08:32 +0100

Thanks Roy!

But my problem was rather that I have shapefile with polygons, and to transfer them into .dta, I dont know any other way that using shp2dta, which automatically computes the centroids of the polygones.

As my polygones are lakes, and some are quite big, computing  the distance from the house to the center of the polygone would not be the most realistic, but I don't know how to do it differently.

It would be better to find a way to transfer the shapefile into .dta without automatically computing the centroid of the polygone, but I dont know how to do it.

Anyone an idea?

Thanks,

Laura