st: RE: stcrreg and Harrell's c index

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: stcrreg and Harrell's c index
Date   Fri, 11 Sep 2009 22:40:17 +0100

I don't know why Harrell's c is not available afert parametric survival model. However, it is definitely available after the -somersd- command, downloadable from SSC. If in Stata you type

somersd lifetime hazard, censtat(cstat) transf(c) tdist

and -lifetime- is a lifetime variable, -hazard- is a predictor of hazard rate, and -cstat- is a censorship status variable (positive for right-censored lifetimes, negative for left-censored lifetimes and zero for uncensored lifetimes), then you will get an estimate for Harrell's c, which is stored in e(b).

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further queries.

Best wishes

Roger

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil
Lecturer in Medical Statistics