st: R: was (Help)

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: R: was (Help)
Date   Wed, 9 Sep 2009 16:23:25 +0200

Delly wrote me personally a revised and more detailed version of her
yesterday's message. Therefore, I forward it to Statalist in order to
maximize the reply payoffs.

Kind Regards,
Carlo
-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Dlamini, Delly [mailto:[email protected]]
Inviato: mercoledì 9 settembre 2009 11.37
A: Carlo Lazzaro
Oggetto: RE: Help

Dear Carlo,

Many thanks for your response. The aim of my research is to build a model
that will determine water  distribution asset remaining life - based on its
historical perofrmance, condition and current age. Available asset
historical performance data is mainly its maintenance history, which
represent its failure history. Condition is determined by physical asset
inspection and a grade (1- 5) given, with 1 being goood condition and 5
being very bad condition. The use of the Weibull formula is a specific
requirement of the research.

The inputs are asset;
- Maintennace history data (failure data)
- Age
- Condition grades (1 - 5)
And use Weibull estimator.

The output;
- Asset remaining life estimating model or formula

Just wondering how to use all these factors together to create one model
that will determine the asset remaining life. And what other alternative
formula would be usefull, either than the Weibull.

Best regards
Delly

Dear Delly,
your problem might call for a regression model. However, to increase your
chances to get a reply from Statalisters, you should better describe in more
detail your dataset and the aim of your research endeavour. Unfortunately,
the current outline seems too poor.

Kind Regards,
Carlo