Re: st: AW: AW: Creating a variable taking the value of elasticity

From   Dorothy Bridges <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: AW: AW: Creating a variable taking the value of elasticity
Date   Tue, 8 Sep 2009 10:32:22 -0400

No, there are no 0 or negative values.  There are some missing values
in the y variable, but these are missing in both y and ln(y).  The
data is like this:

x    y
1   5
2   .
3   .
4   7

So ln(y) does have missings, but those are also missing in y.  I still
don't see, then, how mfx, eyex gives me a value different than the
coefficient on lnx in regress lny lnx.  Thanks again for all your
thoughts.