st: R: Adjusted kaplan Meier Curves

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: R: Adjusted kaplan Meier Curves
Date   Thu, 3 Sep 2009 18:47:49 +0200

Dear Deepa,
your different graphs are not surprising, since they are based on different
models or functions related to survival analysis.

The following code only allow you to plot KM curves (please, see -help sts-
from within Stata):

1.  sts graph,  by( age_cat) adjustfor (age_cat gender).

For further details on this topic, I will recommend you to take a look at:
Cleves MA, Gould WG, Gutierrez R. An Introduction To Survival Analysis Using
Stata. Revised edition. College Station: StataPress, 2004;
[ST] Stata manual. Survival analysis and epidemiological table. Release 9

Two other relevant contributors of the Statalist - Maarten Buis
(http://home.fsw.vu.nl/m.buis/)  and Stephen Jenkins
(http://www.iser.essex.ac.uk/teaching/degree/stephenj/ec968/index.php.)
published really interesting papers as well as teaching-notes on Survival
Analysis.

HTH and Kind Regards,

Carlo