Re: st: Can I read Stata binary files in cpp?

Subject   Re: st: Can I read Stata binary files in cpp?
Date   Mon, 31 Aug 2009 19:14:30 -0400

I can't answer Stas's question, but Serguei will most probably find
this page helpful:
http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?dta
because it contains the fragments of the actual C-code to read Stata .dta files.

Also R has a package FOREIGN, which is open source and the code shows
how to read Stata files.
The source is here:
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/foreign/index.html
http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/foreign_0.8-37.tar.gz

Unfortunately I could not find descriptions for the older Stata formats :(
Perhaps Stata developers could make those descriptions available?

Best regards, Sergiy Radyakin