st: AW: extracting month and year from a date variable

Subject   st: AW: extracting month and year from a date variable
Date   Thu, 27 Aug 2009 10:35:17 +0200

<>

Ariel wants to take note that the underlying value of the "month" variable
is "570" - the # of months that have passed since January of 1960. The rest
is taken care of via -format-. So the -string- that he suspects to be the
solution does not play a role here. Indeed, -string-s are useful to -input-
dates, but immediately upon completion of the -input-, they ususally get
converted to a "%td" value...

******
clear*

input date