RE: st: RE: VAR or VEC model

From   Ihtesham Afzal <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: VAR or VEC model
Date   Tue, 25 Aug 2009 08:54:58 +0100

Hello Robert.
Thank you for your reply/
I used the -vargranger- command.
After fitting the -var- model to the data, i.e. var ftse100 m4 inflation interest_rate oil_price, I did the -vargranger- command and got a table giving the granger causality of all variables. Is this the rght thing to do even when I'm only interest in what ganger causes the ftse100 index and ehat does the ftse100 index granger cause? ie. I'm not interested in whether oil_price granger causes m4.
Kind Regards.
Ihtesham

> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 20:47:26 -0400
> Subject: Re: st: RE: VAR or VEC model
>
> Ihtesham,
> Use the vargranger command after executing the var command.
> Otherwise, you can set it up manually without too much trouble.
> Regards,
> Bob Yaffee
>
> Robert A. Yaffee, Ph.D.
> Research Professor
> Silver School of Social Work
> New York University
>
> Biosketch: http://homepages.nyu.edu/~ray1/Biosketch2009.pdf
>
> CV: http://homepages.nyu.edu/~ray1/vita.pdf

Windows Live Messenger: Happy 10-Year Anniversary—get free winks and emoticons.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/157562755/direct/01/