st: double-click on dta file does not work

From   ranjit b <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: double-click on dta file does not work
Date   Sat, 22 Aug 2009 22:32:47 +0200

Sorry for the potential repost. Have sent the email accidentally in html.

Hi all,
I have Stata 10 installed on my Vista machine. When i click on a .dta
file, Stata does not open the file. Instead, Stata gives the following
error message:
"unrecognized command: "C:\Users\ invalid command name
(I can open .dta file without any problems from within Stata through
the "open file" dialog).
I have had no such problems on my previous computer, which was an XP
machine, so I guess that this is a Vista issue.
Does anyone have a solution?
I am really grateful for any help.
Best,
R.