Re: st: Reshape, Duplicate Observations

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Reshape, Duplicate Observations
Date   Sat, 22 Aug 2009 14:28:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Tirthankar,

                May be this time I think I would be able to make it clear
to you. For example, say hid indicates plant id (of
subject plant) and nid indicates nearby plant ids, dist
stands for distance between two plants,and dates indicate
inspection date. Now what I need is information on nearby
plants (along with their distance from subject plants and
FD types) whose inspection took place within a year from
the inspection date of each subject plants. Therefore,
each row should contain a subject plant (hid) with its
inspection date(DATE) and various nearby plants (nids)
along with their respective inspection dates, distances
and FD types. For example, if B & C are near to subject
plant A then each row of the dataset should include A
(hid), its inspection date (DATE), B (nid) along with its
all possible inspection dates (from table 1), distance
(from table 2) and all possible FD types (from table 1),
and then similar information for nearby plant C. I have
almost 45,000 such observations.

Thanks

Arnab