FW: st: Chernozhukov and Hong (2002)

From   Cameron McIntosh <[email protected]>
To   STATA LIST <[email protected]>
Subject   FW: st: Chernozhukov and Hong (2002)
Date   Sun, 9 Aug 2009 22:48:42 -0400

Hi Steven,

I am not aware of such an ado file, but Chernozhukov and Hong do note that the procedures can be easily implemented in Stata's (and other programs) QR facilities (see pages 874-875):

Chernozhukov, V., & Hong, H. (2002). Three-step censored quantile regression and extramarital affairs. Journal of The American Statistical Association, 97(459), 872-882.
http://www.mit.edu/~vchern/papersChernozhukov%20and%20Hong%20(JASA%202002)%20Three%20Step%20Censored%20Quantile%20Regression.pdf

The only difference is that you use the selected sample for the QR (although I suppose what you wanted a macro for was the selection/classification itself). :)

You may be interested in some more recent work by these authors:

Chernozhukov, V., & Hansen, C. (2008). Instrumental variable quantile regresssion: A robust inference approach. Journal of Econometrics, 142(1), 379-398.
http://faculty.chicagobooth.edu/christian.hansen/research/CH_IQR_Aug2_06.pdf

Hansen offers Matlab software for this analysis upon request. Maybe he can help you with code for what you want to do as well.

Hope this is useful,

Cam

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9666047