Re: AW: st: Opening Stata datasets from windows explorer in windows vista

From   Maksim L Pinkovskiy <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: AW: st: Opening Stata datasets from windows explorer in windows vista
Date   Mon, 03 Aug 2009 19:07:58 -0400

Dear everyone,

     Thank you very much for your replies. First, I am sorry, but for some
inexplicable reason, the first line of my original email got cut off -- I use
Stata 9. I have actually contacted Stata tech support on this matter, but they
were unable to help me.
     I think my problem is a general problem for Stata on Vista, rather than
something idiosyncratic to my computer. I am wondering if there are any Stata
users running Stata on Windows Vista who have encountered this problem and who
have dealt with it. I have tried associating .dta files with other programs,
but the problem is that Windows Vista does not (at least to my knowledge) allow
me to specify which executable file (rather than application), rather than which
program, to use in opening such files.

Yours Sincerely,
Maxim Pinkovskiy.