RE: st: gllamm with pweights

From   "Kanter, Rebecca" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: gllamm with pweights
Date   Thu, 23 Jul 2009 15:00:39 -0400

Hi Stas and Steve and the rest of statalist,

I spoke with a statistician yesterday (that did assist with some of the making of the original pweigts) and agreed that my first level should be individuals, level 2-census tract (codeupm), and level 3 if i wanted it, state.

And that the L1 weights should be the original individual pweights

And that the L2 census tract weights should be the average of the pweights for each specific census tract

And L3 state given a constant weight of 1

So i constructed the glamm pweight as follows and yet, I still cannot get a basic random-intercept only model to converge...i also tried including state...thoughts? Thanks again for all your help, I really appreciate it!

*MLM-level pweights
generate pwadulsr1=adul_sr
*cenus tract average pw adul_sr
by codeupm, sort: egen pwadulsr2=mean(adul_sr)
generate pwadulsr3=1

gllamm bmi2 if diettag==1 & exwt==1, i(codeupm) pweight(pwadulsr) adapt nip(20)
Running adaptive quadrature
Convergence not achieved: try with more quadrature points

gllamm bmi2 if diettag==1 & exwt==1, i(codeupm) pweight(pwadulsr) adapt nip(15) cluster(state)
Running adaptive quadrature
Convergence not achieved: try with more quadrature points

Rebecca M. Kanter
PhD Candidate
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Department of International Health
Center for Human Nutrition