Re: st: gllamm with pweights

Subject   Re: st: gllamm with pweights
Date   Wed, 15 Jul 2009 19:14:46 -0500

With just two values of the second level variable, you won't get any
sensible results.  I'd suggest modeling this with fixed effects of
urban/rural location and interaction with other variables, where
applicable.

Couple points on the data set up: if you don't have the second level
weights, you should assume they are equal to 1. Also, -collapse- with
a -merge- is an overkill, you could get the sum of weights by

egen sum_of_weights = sum( weight )

Of course the first comment is the more important one than these two :)).