Re: st: DHS sampling weight command

From   nikh 2000 <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: DHS sampling weight command
Date   Mon, 20 Jul 2009 10:20:34 -0600

Thanks  Stas Kolenikov.
As per Stas Kolenikov's advice I have added labels, summary statistics
of the relevant vars.

Hi, I am using the following commands to set up DHS (Demographic and
Health Survey data) data for analysis

gen psu =    v021
gen strata = v022
gen sampwt = v005/1000000  //as per DHS  instruction//
svyset psu [pw = sampwt], strata(strata)

Where,
v005         sample weight
v021         primary sampling unit
v022         sample stratum number

. sum v005 v021 v022
    Variable |       Obs        Mean    Std. Dev.       Min        Max
        v005 |     11440     1000000    479282.7      55728    2707592
        v021 |     11440    223.3237    163.2414          1        550
        v022 |     11440    89.80385    51.64129          1        177

I have two questions:
1. Is this the right way to set up data ?
2. For the data set  I am using, for one year, var V022 is missing.

What other var(s) can I consider to use instead of V022