st: AW: how to reply to a posting?

Subject   st: AW: how to reply to a posting?
Date   Mon, 20 Jul 2009 09:11:31 +0200

<>

You should not usually have to change the recipient, but still, it is
probably not what is hurting you.

Make sure you reply as text-only by changing the default settings in your
email program.

The "st:AW" prefix is attached automatically to signal a reply (it is an
abbreviation of the German "Antwort", which pretty much means "reply")...

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von [email protected]
Gesendet: Montag, 20. Juli 2009 08:54
An: statalist
Betreff: st: how to reply to a posting?

First of all,Thank you for all replies to me for my prior postings !

I have been annoyed with replying to posts for a long time.

Please forgive my ignorance.

Each time I replied a posting, I clicked "reply" button,then changed the
recipient as "[email protected]" ,and kept the topic unchaged.
However, no time have

I recieved my replies. Am I wrong?

Additionally,I observed topics of some postings with
words"st:AW","Re:st:","RE:RE:" and so on.

What does that mean? What is the difference?

Thank you very much !

Sincerely,