st: AW: Switching from SPSS to Stata

Subject   st: AW: Switching from SPSS to Stata
Date   Sat, 18 Jul 2009 23:02:07 +0200

<>

I have had pretty much similar experiences, although I came from "R" and not
SPSS. Still, it is very good to see you here in this vibrant Stata
community.

Just to kill off that last point you mentioned favoring SPSS. Here is code
that automatically converts a -log- to PDF on your windows machine. If you
have a MAC, you can use -translate- directly, and if you do not, you simply
install the free Miktex utilities and off you go:

***
//to log in an additional log and have it transferred to pdf

//can set -linesize-
set linesize 120

//close if open
capt log close newlog
di in red _rc

log using mylog.smcl, name(newlog) replace

sysuse auto, clear
reg price we head gear

log close newlog

//translate
translate mylog.smcl mylog.ps, replace
//need Miktex utilities running on computer for this step
!ps2pdf mylog.ps
capt erase mylog.ps
!start mylog.pdf
***