st: Graphing table of odds ratios generated by e.g., gologit2

From   John LeBlanc <[email protected]>
To   STATA Listserv <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Graphing table of odds ratios generated by e.g., gologit2
Date   Thu, 16 Jul 2009 17:13:05 -0300

Hi folks,

Gologit2 with the gamma option generates tables of coefficients or odds ratios with predictor vars on one axis and values of the ordinal dependent var on the other. I suspect that one could save these to a matrix and then generate a graph where each line represents the odds ratio for a predictor variable for each value of the dependent variable. This would be a nice way to assess proportional odds assumption. I am not strong with matrices or complicated graphs in Stata. Would somebody mind listing the appropriate steps? Not necessary to get the syntax perfect; I can figure that out once I know how to proceed.

thanks!

--

Regards, John LeBlanc

John C. LeBlanc, MD, MSc, FRCPC
Associate Professor

Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Community Health and Epidemiology

Dalhousie University

IWK Health Centre              Work phone: (902) 470-8930

5850 University Avenue         Work fax:   (902) 470-6913

Halifax, Nova Scotia           Email: [email protected]

B3K 6R8 CANADA                 Pager: (902) 470-8888