Re: st: Problem with -margeff-

From   James Shaw <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Problem with -margeff-
Date   Thu, 9 Jul 2009 11:15:52 -0500

Thanks for the response.  Yes, my intent was to report what I think is
a bug.  I am copying this message to Dr. Bartus to make him aware of
the issue.

My code was pretty standard and worked with both -mfx- and -margeff8-:

logit y x1 x2 x3 x4 , cluster(id)
margeff compute, at(x3=20 x4=40)

where x1 and x2 were dummy variables and x3 and x4 were continuous.
This should have fixed x1 and x2 at their means, x3 at 20, and x4 at
40.  Note that I received the error message whether or not the
dummies() option was used and whether or not x1 and x2 were included
in the fitted model.

--
Jim

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 10:20 AM, Roy Wada<[email protected]> wrote:
>> I was using -margeff- and found that it would ignore ....
>>
>> On another note, the latest version of -margeff- (4/20/08) does not
>> seem to ....
>>
>> Jim
>
> This is difficult to diagnose, since you have not said exactly what you
> typed into Stata.
>
> If you wanted to report a possible problem, it's usually better to send
> it (privately) to the author of program (Tamas Bartus in this case).
>
> Roy

> Insert movie times and more without leaving Hotmail®.
> http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/QuickAdd?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutorial_QuickAdd_062009
> *
> *   For searches and help try:

James W. Shaw, Ph.D., Pharm.D., M.P.H.
Assistant Professor
Department of Pharmacy Administration
College of Pharmacy
University of Illinois at Chicago
833 South Wood Street, M/C 871, Room 252
Chicago, IL 60612
Tel.: 312-355-5666
Fax: 312-996-0868
Mobile Tel.: 215-852-3045