RE: st: RE: Extract elements from string variables

From   <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Extract elements from string variables
Date   Wed, 8 Jul 2009 19:51:06 -0400

Thank you both very much and apologies for bothering everyone else.
That was the help I needed

> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 19:16:19 -0400
> Subject: RE: st: RE: Extract elements from string variables
>
> Nice catch. Thanks, Martin.
>
> Howie

>>> 1 2 "Alex Charles Henry" 123 456
>>> 1 3 "Alex Charles Henry" 123 456
>>> 2 1 "Mary Liz" 789 324
>>> 2 2 "Mary Liz" 789 324
>>>
>>> And you want this:
>>> origob newid names name X Y
>>> 1 1 "Alex Charles Henry" "Alex" 123 456
>>> 1 2 "Alex Charles Henry" "Charles" 123 456
>>> 1 3 "Alex Charles Henry" "Henry" 123 456
>>> 2 1 "Mary Liz" "Mary" 789 324