Re: st: RE: Stata 11 Announcement

To   "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "'[email protected]'" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Stata 11 Announcement
Date   Sat, 27 Jun 2009 18:45:32 -0500

At 11:55 AM 6/26/2009, Newson, Roger B wrote:
Thanks to Alan Riley for the information, which gives us something to look forward to. I am also looking forward to factors, and to factor parsing, and to expanded specific factor varlists, and to the other programming advances described in
http://www.stata.com/stata11/prog.html
which will be useful in writing the next generation of resultsset-processing programs. Thanks in advance to StataCorp for all this (and graphic markups too).

Best wishes

Roger

Anyone who has written an estimation command may wish to release a Stata 11 version just so their programs can use factor variables. It looks like the required changes to the code are pretty minor.

-ml- has been completely rewritten. I'll be curious to see if that speeds up the programs I have written (oglm and gologit2).

Hopefully there will be a new version of the Stata ml programming book -- or at least an addendum that highlights any new features.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  [email protected]
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam