st: Re: computing expected values for GLM with nbreg

Subject   st: Re: computing expected values for GLM with nbreg
Date   Sun, 21 Jun 2009 10:28:26 +0200

<>

-help glm postestimation- contains the syntax for -predict- which does give you expected values...

HTH
Martin
_______________________
----- Original Message ----- From: <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2009 4:20 AM
Subject: st: computing expected values for GLM with nbreg

Hello,

I am running a negative binomial model - because my data are time series I
switched to running the model through the GLM command so I could control for
autocorrelation and heterosk. w/ HAC variance estimates. I want to compute
expected values to make the interpretation a little more tranparent. When using the nbreg command previously I used clarify to get expected values. Clarify won't run after GLM, and looking through STATA help I see no postestimation
command for getting expected values. Does anyone know how I might go about
getting expected values through STATA with this set up -- would I be better of
doing hand calculations?

Thanks for any help,
Ashlie Delshad