Re: st: stata graphics- qfitci versus lfitci??

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: stata graphics- qfitci versus lfitci??
Date   Fri, 29 May 2009 09:14:33 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Fri, 29/5/09, [email protected] wrote:
> I have a quick question regarding the graphs. I am trying
> to graph the relationship between some interaction variables
> and my outcome variable. To do this, I am using "twoway
> (qfitci DV IV)". However, some of the relationships are
> better represented using 'twoway (lfitci DV IV)'. Can I use
> a mixture of both of these approaches to present my data?

-qfitci- and -lfitci- are just bivariate regressions displayed
as graphs, so they won't capture any interactions. If you are
thinking about doing this for a number of variables then you
are probably better of using -graph matrix-, see :
-help graph matrix-. This displays the actual bivariate
relationships rather than imposing some model on it. If you
are interested in displaying interactions, than you will need
to tell us more about your model.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis