RE: st: Dataset transformation problem

From   "Josiane Georges" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Dataset transformation problem
Date   Wed, 27 May 2009 13:16:44 -0400

Hi David,

The periods are based on month, you can ignore the date.

The unit total periods should include only values within 6 months of the
starting month, whether or not there is a gap. To use the example you
have provided below the values for months the value of months 516, 517,
518, 519, 521 would be added together regardless of the fact that the
value 520 is missing. Since month 521 is within 6 months of the
beginning month, which in this case is 516, the values would be added
together.

So if a value is observed beyond 6 months from the earliest month in the
period, it will not be added with it. I will belong to the next period.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of David Kantor
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 12:51 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Dataset transformation problem

You need to clarify how the periods are to be determined. They seem
to be based on month -- not date.
And you seem to want to group them into consecutive spells. But where
does 6-month periods come in?
Do you want to further break up spells if they exceed 6 months?
What if there is a gap in month, but the sequence remains within a
span of 6? E.g., 516, 517, 518, 519, 521; is 521 the start of a new
period?
Once these matters are clarified, the rest is easy.

--David