st: RE: Stata thinks files are read-only when they shouldn't be!

From   "Kieran McCaul" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Stata thinks files are read-only when they shouldn't be!
Date   Mon, 11 May 2009 05:43:09 +0800

..

I used to have problems likes this many years ago.  I would have been
using Windows XP or Windows 2000 in those days.
As I recall, whenever I copied files from a CD or DVD onto my disk drive
they would come across as read-only and, I think, if I copied a whole
folder of files across, the folder itself was also marked as read-only.
So that meant I couldn't write to the folder on disk.

Kieran McCaul MPH PhD
WA Centre for Health & Ageing (M573)
University of Western Australia
Level 6, Ainslie House
48 Murray St
Perth 6000
Phone: (08) 9224-2701
Fax: (08) 9224 8009
email: [email protected]
http://myprofile.cos.com/mccaul
http://www.researcherid.com/rid/B-8751-2008
Epidemiology is so beautiful and provides such an important perspective
on human life and death,
but an incredible amount of rubbish is published.  Richard Peto (2007)