st: Stata package -saswrapper- has been updated on SSC

From   Dan Blanchette <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Stata package -saswrapper- has been updated on SSC
Date   Thu, 7 May 2009 09:33:13 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Statalist Members,

Thanks to Kit Baum, my Stata package -saswrapper-
has been updated on SSC.  It's more likely to find your
SAS 9.2 executable now that the sub-module sasexe.ado
has also been updated. My other programs that use sasexe.ado
to find your SAS executable will work fine when -sasexe- is
updated.  It will also fail more gracefully when the "usesas"
option is specified and the submitted SAS code has a SAS error in it which causes SAS to no cough up a SAS dataset for -saswrapper-
to load into Stata after the SAS code has finished running.

-saswrapper- is a great way to quickly run some SAS code on your
Stata dataset that's in memory and see the results in your Stata
results window.

NOTE:  -saswrapper- calls SAS to run the SAS program.  This requires the
ability to run SAS on your computer.

Here's the help page in html format:
 http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/s/saswrapper.html

-saswrapper- uses my Stata programs that transfer data between SAS and Stata:
-savasas- and -usesas-.  My SAS macro STATA_WRAPPER runs Stata code from
within SAS and is downloaded with -saswrapper- and -usesas- when they are
installed.

Also, by installing -saswrapper- you will be updating my programs that transfer data between SAS and Stata as well.

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback,
Dan Blanchette
Research Associate
Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Duke University's Fuqua School of Business