Re: st: RE: RE: statalist-digest V4 #3403 - Work with many Do files simultaneously

From   Jeph Herrin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: statalist-digest V4 #3403 - Work with many Do files simultaneously
Date   Thu, 23 Apr 2009 08:07:29 -0400

You describe the same behaviour Allan describes; what he would
like to do is open "recent" do files from the Window menu, not
the dofile editor File menue.

Nick Cox wrote:
In my copy of Stata 10.1 for Windows, the Do-filed editor File menu
offers a selection recently worked with files.
Although Allan doesn't say so here, my recollection is that he is still
on Stata 9.2, so clearly he should upgrade. Nick [email protected] Allan Reese
The subject line allows me to air a minor gripe, that the Window menu
allows opening a blank do file but doesn't offer "recently used" do
files.  It seems you have to open the do editor then use its file menu
to open an existing file.  Or type "doedit filename".