AW: st: RE: What is this plot type?

Subject   AW: st: RE: What is this plot type?
Date   Mon, 20 Apr 2009 21:28:23 +0200

<>

Also note this thread back in the day: http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2008-12/msg00156.html

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von [email protected]
Gesendet: Montag, 20. April 2009 21:25
An: [email protected]
Betreff: RE: st: RE: What is this plot type?

Sorry Nick. I thought you commented on not getting the interactive part to work. I am just talking about the display as a display, not the interactive portion. "Can't get it to work" refers to the interactive part of the WSJ page.

To your question: is it better or as good as? My answer: I don't know but I like to know what's out there and play around with different visualizations. I actually do pretty clean, clear visualizations but I think they get better the more I experiment. I like the WSJ because I find little design nuggets. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. How better to learn which than to see them with your own data? I'm also in the private sector so I have the issues with marketing versus being a purist.

Thank you to Martin for the alternative suggestions.