st: Re: How to use estimated coefficients in subsequent calculations

Subject   st: Re: How to use estimated coefficients in subsequent calculations
Date   Wed, 15 Apr 2009 21:10:39 +0200

<>

***
sysuse auto, clear
reg pr tr tu rep
predict phat
di _b[_cons]
gen phatlessconstant=phat- _b[_cons]
su phat*
***

HTH
Martin
_______________________
----- Original Message ----- From: "sdm1" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 8:40 PM
Subject: st: How to use estimated coefficients in subsequent calculations

I'm using the predict command -- predict yhat, xb -- to apply the
coefficients from estimation on one data set to another data set. However,
I'd like to be able subtract the estimated constant term from the
prediction.  How do I refer to the estimated constant (say, b[0]) to do
this:  generate yhatwithoutcons=yhat-b[0]?

Thanks.

Steve