st: RE: AW: RE: AW: computing interaction effects after xtprobit

From   <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: AW: RE: AW: computing interaction effects after xtprobit
Date   Thu, 9 Apr 2009 17:13:54 +0100

Hello Martin,

Following your advice below, I used predictnl in order to get the whole vector of predictions.

predictnl linearpred = _b[_cons] + _b[cont1]*cont1+ _b[cont2]*cont2+ _b[inter]*inter+ _b[cont3]*cont3

predictnl coef = _b[inter] - (_b[cont1]+_b[inter]*cont2)*(_b[cont2] + _b[inter]*cont1)*(linearpred)

I then computed the interaction effect as follows

predictnl interact = coef*(normden(linearpred))

This works fine. I would like to compute the significance of this interaction effect. Can options of the predictnl command be used for that (eg p() )?

Thanks for your advice!